Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Leader without a follower 没有追随者的领导者 ...


太上,不知有之;其次,亲而誉之;其次,畏之;其次,侮之。信不足焉,
有不信焉。悠兮,其贵言。功成事遂,百姓皆谓:「我自然」。
---老子
 Lao Tze once said:
"The best leader is when the followers do not notice their existence,
and when the job is done, the people say "we did it ourselves",
it is the wholehearted commitment to help the followers excel
in their task that is the true spirit of leadership.
...
When I was promoted to a manger in the factory, 
my boss told me the following:
"as a leader, your job is to eliminate your role"
so I teach every thing I know 
to my subordinates.
2 years later, he told me the following:
"your job is done, you are no longer needed here,
we will now promote you to the department head"
...
Clearly, my boss was practicing 
Lao Tze's teachings 
...

Ducks at Lotus Pond ...

Payah Indah Wetlands, Dengkil 
巴雅英达湿地公园