Tuesday, March 29, 2011

An Iranian Lunch with my students 与学生品赏伊朗的午餐 ...



Iran cuisine ...
伊朗美食...

An Iranian Lunch 品赏伊朗菜 ...

Chicken Koobideh (Chelow) Kebab
 is the national dish of Iran ...


An Iranian Lunch 品赏伊朗菜 ...

Khubz or Hot Bread 
an Arabic word for bread, but usually used by non-Arabic speakers
to refer to a flatbread that forms the staple of the local diet in many countries
in the middle east ...

Hummus
is a Levantine Arab dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas,
blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic.
It is a popular food throughout the Middle East and elsewhere ...


An Iranian Lunch 品赏伊朗菜 ...

Saffroned rice 
The meal is simple, consisting of steamed, saffroned basmati or Persian rice ...

A lunch treat by students in my class last week ...
Thanks to Mr. Hussein and Mr. Rao ...

Last week, a series of my lectures for 3 weeks completed 
with a farewell lunch with my students from the middle east 
in an Iranian Restaurant in KL ...

One of the reasons I really enjoy my teaching assignments 
are the students from different parts of the world ...