Monday, May 2, 2011

Finding the right Point of View 寻找正确观点 ...



MICA Building, Singapore ...
Currently the MICA Building, otherwise known as the Old Hill Street Police Station (OHSPS), was
erected in 1934 to house the Hill Street Police Station and Barracks...

Since learning photography, I have learned from others to use
the word "Point of View" of POV.

"Fantastic POV", or "Unusual POV", ... etc ...

In the following picture, as I walk back in the evening to the hotel from my lecture at Boat Quay,
Singapore; I pondered on this structure which I have seen quite a few of it
on flickr. Naturally, I began to take some shots despite being so tired after a full day of lecture !

Many would consider these pictures I have done "Tourist Point of View",
for me, there is nothing wrong with that ...

For me, it is an interesting subject and I spent some time with it and
to share it with you,
maybe I did not put the ultimate efforts


MICA Building, Singapore ...


MICA Building, Singapore ...


MICA Building, Singapore ...



am I going to ...
... climb to a tower opposite this structure to photograph it
.... shoot it from an ants view point to get the bizarre feel of it 
... or consider all the possible White Balance, and Aperture 
... setup a tripod to get a longer exposure with a smaller aperture at a lower ISO 
... or wait for a group of sailors walking across the street before I take the shot ...
... or whatever you can think of ...

I don't know ~ 

A simple googgle search on POV will show up so many 
photography lessons on creating interesting POVs ... 

Have fun ...

I know tonight that even though I did not go all out 
to create the "Interesting" and "bizarre" POV, 
and it may just be a tourist picture, 
I enjoyed walking around this building for awhile and 
took these shots ...

Hope you like it despite it is only a Tourist Point of View ...