Sunday, May 22, 2011

Painting Line Art with Photoshop ...



Shame of me to be posting this despite
only learning Photoshop for a little bit more then
a week ...

But some of you ask me how this was done,
so I am just sharing
what I think to be fun

(on windows)
Step 1) Load the original image to Photoshop.
Step 2) Create a Layer (Ctrl-J or drap orginal to copy a layer)
Step 3) Change Layer 1 to BW via Shift-Ctrl-U (Image-Adjustment-Desaturate)
Step 4) Create Layer 2 out of Layer 1 to have 2 copies of the BW version
Step 5) On Layer 2 set it to "negative" using Ctrl-I (Image-Adjustment-Invert) 
Step 6) On Layer 2, using the blend mode to set Layer 1 to "Color Dodge"
Step 7) From step 6, the image turns white on layer 2 (don't worry) 
Step 8) On Layer 2, Filter - Other - Minimum (set to 5, plus minus) to get the lines 
Step 9) You may merge Layer 2 and Layer 1
Step 10) You may also use the Opacity to set to below 100% to get some color into it
Step 11) Returning to Lightroom you may further adjust the Hue and Saturation.
Step 12) In Lightroom, you can also Clarity, Recovery to adjust further ...

Step 11, 12 may not be necessary as I think there can be done
using Photoshop tools itself ...


马六甲红屋区 Melacca Red House area

马六甲红屋区 Melacca Red House area


Melaka City 马六甲市

Melaka City 马六甲市



Painting Bamboo 竹画 ...

Painting Bamboo 竹画 ...


For me, I am an engineer and teacher by profession, 
I have always believed that 
when I teach something I have learned 
I am a happier person 
then if I kept it to myself ...