Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Seeing double 看到双 ...

Location: KL Butterfly Park 吉隆坡蝴蝶公园
Date Taken: July 20th, 2010 12:34am
Nikon D90, Tamron AF SP 90mm f/2.8
ISO 500, "A" mode 1/40 @ F16, +1/3 EV, WB=Sun
Software: Picasa
Flickr link:

...... I think this is really a lucky shot even when my camera setting was at Aperture priority at f/16. And for me, a rare opportunity of two dragonflies come into the viewfinder. Not the perfect camera settings, but good enough for me. Shooting dragonflies has always been a challenge for me. I have come to realize that learning their behavior and habits will benefit you in the field. Some species are very active and will seem to fly all the time, never landing and others will land and perch on stems, dead plants, tree branches, and some high up in trees, and some on the ground. Some species will allow for very close approach while others seem to be very easily spooked. As dragonflies have excellent eyesight, I find that slow movements are the best. There are many species with color varieties and can be very addictive after you have got some first few good shots of them !