Monday, February 7, 2011

Koay Chap 粿汁 ...


槟城汕頭街
Kimberley Street, Penang ...

鸭肉粿汁 (粿汁)
Duck meet Noodle Soup 


While in Penang, my students recommended me for some Koay Chap
or Duck meet/intestines Noddle Soup 鸭肉粿汁 (粿汁) ...



The closest hawker stall within walking distance after my lecture was
the hawker stall in Kimberley street ...



I had two of these ...



The cook looked at me when I ordered another one ...



I heard you have to queue up later for the duck meat noodle soup if
you come here later in the evening ...



Kimberley street is packed with hawker stalls on both sides
of the road, 
Here is another stall literally translated as 
"Emperor's chicken feet noddle soap" ...
天皇鸡脚粿条汤 ...

I did not have the stomach for something else
after two bowls of duck meat noodle soup ...
maybe next time ...