Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The meaning behind a photo 照片背后的含义 ...



I met Mr Zul on a wet afternoon in the park, 
My new friend just bought a Nikon D200 and has been shooting
almost everyday for several months ...

We discussed about photography while walking about 
hunting for shooting subjects ...


Is there a meaning in a photograph ...

He did not know that I just started photography not too longer 
ago as I started to talk about the importance of composition 
over technique ...

Zul posted quite a number of his photographs in some 
forums and got some harsh remarks from the so-called "pros" about meaning in 
his photos ...


Mr. A ... Lost in Photography ... Finding the meaning in every shot ...


He asked me about my thoughts of meaning
behind a photo ...

I told Mr Zul the following 
I rarely seek out "meaning" when I shoot.
 I think I am interested in light, and its interplay over natural or non-natural forms.
 I don't seek a larger meaning than that ...
And sometimes, I just shoot because I like it ...


Is there a meaning in a photograph ...

I don't carry tons of gadgets or take 500 shots and 2 hours for a single subject
 to get the supposedly "perfect" shot ...

Maybe I am not a perfectionist,
and do not deserve to be in the same league of the "pros"
and so e it
as I just love photographing ...
that is a good enough reason for me to click the shutter ...
and continue shooting the way I like it ...