Saturday, January 22, 2011

Getting close to the Spiritual Journey 亲近精神之旅 ...



January 19th, 2011 Penang Thaipusam (4)
槟城大宝森节

Getting close to the Spiritual Journey
亲近精神之旅 ...

Pilgrimage 朝圣 ...

 07:54 am
A devotee performing his spiritual journey following the chariot ...

Blessings 祝福 ...

 07:57 am
A photographer get blessed too along the way ...



 08:00 am
I was right behind this Hindu devotee ready to be blessed ...

Spiritual Procession 精神之旅 ...

 08:04 am
Not me as I took this shot ...



 08:06 am
Devotees receive offerings from the chariot ...



 08:10 am
As the chariot turn into the road to continue the procession ...



 08:17 am
It stopped shortly again for more blessings to be done ...


 08:18 am
I hope you have enjoyed this series on the
first day of the Celebration of Thaispusam in Penang ...
For me, it was an unforgettable 2.5 hours Journey ...
I think it was may be around 500 meters from the temple where the procession
begins until this point ...



08:20 am
Seeing the devotees pushing the chariot from the back
is the last scene of the procession for me as I had
to head back to class as my lecture starts at 09:00 am ...