Monday, September 27, 2010

Crescent moon over Mosque 月光下的清真寺 ...

Location: Melacca Island 马六甲岛
Date Taken: August 12th, 2010 @ 07:39pm
Nikon D90, Nikkor AF-S DX VR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED
ISO 100, "A" mode 30s @ F18, 0 EV, Landscape, FL=18mm, WB=Auto, ND8

...... I enjoyed this shot to end the night photographing this beautiful mosque overlooking the Straits of Melacca on the man made island of Melacca. The time was about 7:30pm with almost the last rays of sun at the horizon and the beautiful crescent moon over the Mosque. I think the 1.5 hours here was well spent and very fulfilling. I shall come here again in my next visit to Melacca. It is very dark and quiet at night after 7 pm except those who are praying in the mosque, I think you can park your car inside the mosque as it is much safer that way. Unlike Kuala Lumpur, I was told that in Melaka; you are allowed in the vicinity of the mosque even in the evening but not within the mosque itself if you are not a Muslim.