Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cameron Highlands Nursery 2 金马仑高原第二站 ...


Nov 26-28, 2010 Cameron Highlands ...

As we left the first nursery, we immediate dropped by a second one
as it was just only before 12 noon and our check-in time at
the hotel was at 2 pm ...



it was the first time my 2 kids saw some strawberry plants, actually also
first time for me and my wife ...

But we decided to do the strawberry picking later further up the Highlands ...



There were not too many cactus and flowers in this nursery
but I was very happy for them
as they looked so happy and healthy here ...



This nursery even allows you to plug or is it called harvest the
vegetables grown here for a price per kilogram ...



We live in the city, I am glad my children are here to witness some
growing  vegetables although both are more interested in the strawberries here ...



I bet it is difficult to find it so brilliantly colored  with that white stem
in the city of Kuala Lumpur ...



I was a little surprise to find rows and rows of hanging insect
eating plants here for sale, another first for my kids ...
my wife was really not sure which gardeners will find them interesting ...



The weather seems to be warm here at the foothills,
we were looking forward for cooler air when we drive up further ...
my expectations were not very high ...
I remembered I was here at 8 years old with my parents, that's
40 years ago and I think it was really much cooler then ...
...
another tell tale signs of global warming ...



Nurseries flourish here in Cameron Highlands, and I guess
you can't blame them for selling these things as it is still a
tourist spot ...



Usually my children don't like to visit parks in KL as it is just too hot,
but the nurseries here (at least the two we visited so far) with many
parts covered by netting to block the rain and sun (I think) and
the just slightly milder weather was just wonderful,
both our 12 year old and 7 year old seems to be enjoying it ...