Wednesday, December 15, 2010

White Balance 白平衡 ...


To be honest, I am still not very sure of how to really
effectively use white balance of the DSLR ...



ISO 640, 1/80 @ F/2.2 50mm WB=Tungsten ...
According to the manual, "Tungsten" WB – this mode is usually symbolized with a little bulb
 and is for shooting indoors, especially under tungsten (incandescent) lighting (such as bulb lighting). 
It generally cools down the colors in the photo ...



ISO 640, 1/60 @ F/1.8, FL=50mm, WB=Auto ...
According to the manual, "Auto" WB – this is where the camera
makes a best guess on a shot by shot basis. 
I have kept my WB setting always as auto mode ...
In this shot above, does seem that it is warm in color ...
.


ISO 640, 1/80 @ F/2.2 +1/3, FL=50mm, WB=Tungsten ...
I took another shot using the Tungsten white balance ...
It does seems that this WB settings cools down the color a lot then the Auto mode ...



ISO 640, 1/60 @ F/1.8 +1/3 FL=50mm, WB=Auto ...
Here Auto again ...



ISO 640, 1/80 @ F/2.2, +1/3, FL=50mm, WB=Tungsten ...
But, I think I like both ...
For me, photography is just what you like ...


This is what I got from my Camera Manual ...

Auto – this is where the camera makes a best guess on a shot by shot basis. 
Tungsten – this mode is especially under tungsten lighting. It generally cools down the colors in photos.
Fluorescent – this compensates for the ‘cool’ light of fluorescent light and will warm up your shots.
Daylight/Sunny – not all cameras have this setting because it sets things as fairly ‘normal’ wb settings.
Cloudy – this setting generally warms things up a touch more than ‘daylight’ mode.
Flash – the flash of a camera can be quite a cool light so Flash WB mode you’ll find it warms up your shots.
Shade – the light in shade is cooler (bluer) than shooting in direct sunlight, this mode warm things up a little.

It does seem that a lot of experiments is needed to get in-dept appreciation of
these settings, I am sure some of you experts know exactly what to 
do in each condition ...

I still don't and I will probably keep mine to Auto White Balance ...