Thursday, December 2, 2010

Closer and Closer 越走越近 ...

I have frequented the Kuala Lumpur Hibiscus Park for the past few months ...
It is anyhow the National flower of the country ... 


The Tropical Hibiscus variety grows fairly easily in the tropics ...



 but however the blossoms are much larger in colder climates such as
those found at Cameron Highlands in the State of Pahang ... 
I shall posts these larger species of Hibiscus from Cameron Highlands later ....



Do you know that Hibiscus blossoms are edible .....
Unless completely assured that the hibiscus in the backyard are safe to eat, 
it is recommended that the dried blossoms are purchased at health food or organic produce stores, 



Herbal and floral cocktails are catching on in bars across the globe. 
Including the Hibiscus Recipe ... 
and one can even prepare it in a simple syrup ...
I have tried once in a local bar in the city of Kuala Lumpur,
but I will let you judge when you have a chance to try it ...



There are a variety of colors of the Hibiscus flower and
I have found and photographed from white, black, to yellow, red and pink etc ...
I read that about 200 - 220 species are known to exists ...

Regardelss of the species (I think), 
the stemlike filament seems to have similar structure and color ...
When you see it like this, you know it is a Hibiscus ...