Thursday, November 4, 2010

♪ ♫♫ ♪ ♪ ♫♫ ♪ ...

Location: A'Famosa Fort at Melacca City 马六甲古城
Date Taken: Oct 30th, 2010 11:10am
Nikon D90, Nikkor AF-S DX VR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED
ISO 200, "A" mode 1/15s @ F4.2, 0 EV, FL=30mm

Just at the entrance to the historical site to the A'Famosa Fort, Melacca. ("The Famous" in Portuguese) is a fortress located in MalaccaMalaysia. It is among the oldest surviving European architectural remains in Asia. The Porta de Santiago, a small gate house, is the only remaining part of the fortress still standing.

In this trip, I find a musician playing his beautiful violin in that small gate house. You can hear his music when approaching the Fort from a distance. The sounds of his music echoed beautifully from within the interiors of the small gate house entering the Fort. As my wife and two kids went climbing up the hill to the upper section of the Fort, I stayed here for a short while for the music and photography.

I would have got better shot if I had a lower Aperture but my lens is variable aperture maximum at F3.5 only. The ruin walls seems distracting even I decided to make the photo into Sepia color but the atmosphere was beautiful nostalgia.