Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Floating Life stolen half a day 偷得浮生半日闲 ...

Location: Malacca Jonker Street 马六甲 鸡场街 “地理學家咖啡館” ...
Date Taken: Nov 30th, 2010 05:04 pm
Nikon D90, Nikkor AF-S DX VR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED
ISO 250, "A" mode 1/160s @ F8, -1 EV, FL=18mm

“地理學家咖啡館” Geographér Café is conveniently located in a conspicuous corner of the pre-war shophouses right in the heart of Chinatown in Old Malacca. With its warm ambience, the eatery reflects the gracious old charm of the seasoned traveller and truly maintains the tradition in a place where East meets West. Visitors are provided a window with a "Living Museum" as they keep an exciting look-out for the bustling activities that pulse through the many narrow streets nearby, which are lined with shops, houses and buildings, centuries old.

This place is the last stop of photography in Melacca with Mr. Nobu, a Japanese photography friend. We had some drinks at this place before we departed as the usual evening rain was just starting just after I took this last photograph.

In this picture, the sky is too white as I think I have used the wrong exposure compensation and also maybe I should use an ND filter on my lens. But just after I finish this shooting, the rain starts to drizzle and I have to run back to the hotel which is about 10 minutes walking distance. Luckily my camera bag has a rain coat on it. For me, what's inside my camera bag is more important; so, finally I was totally wet and my camera bag was totally dry.